Wednesday 1 April 2020

2020 Day 1 National Poetry Writing Month

Dear readers - are you still there?
It's been two years since we met here and I have been very busy writing, just changed my loyalties to Facebook, and Twitter @moiragauthor
Perhaps it's these times of global Covid-19 that has driven/provoked me back to my own blog. I wish you all well, stay safe social distancing, washing hands like demons.

So here is a sample of the writing I've done this morning.  This is not an April fool.

from An invitation to the red kite


...I will portion however many crows for you
you can return then unhindered
painting rusty red        white patches             bent wings against breathless clouds...

I took my prompt from Jo Bell's A year of poetry-writing prompts (Nine Arches Press)

No comments:

Post a Comment