Thursday 20 April 2017

The angels are going to surrender



You might have noticed that I have not posted a poem from Day 19 because a Poetry school prompt I followed was to write a bad poem. Which I duly did. But you surely don't expect me to post that publicly?!

Prompted today by Snapdragon journal’s theme this month of Surrender, the Poetry School prompt today of writing a poem in one sentence, and a prompt to write a poem where the first line is the same as the last line (but I've forgotten where I saw it!).

The angels are going to surrender

The angels are going to surrender, they shout, but
they are not always right, those who shout
and shout, and anyway just putting up
a banner with this slogan doesn’t make it
happen unless they happen to own all
the banners in the world, take control
of the whole sky ...

No comments:

Post a Comment